We Kensington Insurance Brokers Ltd (also referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”) are a registered company in England (Company no. 04457600). Our registered address is 131-151 Great Titchfield St, Fitzrovia, London W1W 5BB
The purpose of this notice
This Notice is designed to help you understand what kind of information we collect in connection with our products and services and how we will process and use this information. In the course of providing you with products and services we will collect and process information that is commonly known as personal data.
Personal Data we collect
The personal data that we collect about you may include the following information:
- Personal data you provide to us via our website or by telephone
- Personal data you provide when you enquire about insurance, or when you purchase a policy, through us, including information about what and/or who you want to insure, such as your personal jewellery description, business activities, your home or travel details
- General information about you, such as your name, address, contact details and date of birth
- Personal data you provide if you subscribe to any of our mailing or newsletter services
- Your claims and credit history
- Financial details, such as your bank account and card details
- Criminal convictions
In addition, we may obtain certain special categories of your data (special categories of data) and data about criminal convictions, and this privacy notice specifically sets out how we may process these types of personal data. The special categories of data are data concerning health.
We collect your personal data from you as a controller when we obtain quotations for insurance for you, when we set up your policy for you and when we make changes to your policy for you.
We also collect information from publically available sources and third party databases made available to the insurance industry for the purposes of reducing fraud and financial crime as well as any other third party databases where your personal data may be held, provided such third parties have lawful bases on which to share such personal data with us.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the performance of our contract with you, to quote for and provide you with insurance products and services, to process claims and renewals, to administer your policy and our business, to respond to any requests from you about services we provide and to process complaints. We will also use your personal data to manage your account, perform statistical analysis on the data we collect, to develop new and market existing products and services.
We will retain your personal data at the end of any contractual agreement for a period of 2 years. Where you have requested a quote, we will retain your personal data for one year, where you have contacted us for details of our services and products, we will retain your personal data for three months. Where you make a complaint we will retain the data for 5 years. Where you or law enforcement agencies inform us about any active investigation or potential criminal prosecution, we will comply with legal requirements when retaining this data.
Individuals are provided with legal rights governing the use of their personal data. These grant individuals the right to understand what personal data relating to them is held, for what purpose, how it is collected and used, with whom it is shared, where it is located, to object to its processing, to have the data corrected if inaccurate, to take copies of the data and to place restrictions on its processing. Individuals can also request the deletion of their personal data.
These rights are known as Individual Rights under the Data Protection Act 2018. The following list details these rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data being processed;
- The right of access to your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (to receive an electronic copy of your personal data);
Individuals can exercise their Individual Rights at any time. As mandated by law we will not charge a fee to process these requests.
Protecting your data
We will take all appropriate technical and organisational steps to protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability and authenticity of your data.
To gain access to your Personal Information, for further information, to file a complaint about our handling of Personal Information, or to withdraw your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your Personal Information, please contact our
Privacy Office – Mariia Bashkatova
T 0207 937 9092 email email@example.com
Alternatively contact our Chief Compliance Officer Nick Thurston
We will comply immediately with your request.